Families and friends are encouraged to visit children who are staying in the hospital. Here are some guidelines for visitors that help us maintain a safe and calm environment for the patients and their families:
- If you are sick, or feel any cold symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, fever, itchy throat, etc, please do not visit the hospital. A common cold for you may mean a long hospital stay or a life threatening infection for a cancer patient. If you exhibit any symptoms you will not be allowed entry into the Children’s Hospital.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly before you arrive at the Oncology floor. Also sanitize your hands frequently, between patient rooms, or after touching another person.
- Please keep conversations quiet to respect other patients and families.
- Wear your visitor badge visibly at all times.
- Alcohol, drugs and weapons are not permitted in the hospital.
- St. Mary’s and Palms West are smoke-free campuses. Smoking is not permitted inside the hospital and is not permitted anywhere on the hospital campus.
- Abide by any directions given to you by hospital staff.