STRONGER than Cancer Celebration of Life
in conjunction with
5k Run/Walk (Timed event, certified course) or 1 mile Run/Walk (untimed event)
Saturday, October 6, 2018 7:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium in beautiful Abacoa, Jupiter
This isn’t just a fabulous 5k. This is a celebration for anyone currently battling cancer, having survived cancer, or loving someone who has battled cancer.
- In the Honor/Memory Tent participants dedicate their run/walk to their friends or relatives who have battled cancer.
- At Courage Cam participants videotape words of encouragement to the brave cancer fighters or tell their own inspiring story.
- Write words of inspiration at “Inspiration Station”
- Obliterate ‘Cancer’ with chalk bombs at “Cancer Stops Here” and
- Punch out cancer at “Fight Cancer Like a Kid”.
Can’t attend? You can still help! Donate HERE
We invite you to visit our Honor Wall where you can leave a message of inspiration on the Survivor Celebration Wall or the Loving Memory Wall. COURAGE CAM Returns! Make your sign and then go on video with your story! Inspire us.
6:30 am – Registration opens: Breezeway at Roger Dean Stadium
6:30 am – Honor/Memory Tent is open for your messages of hope and inspiration (at amphitheater)
7:30 am – “Why we walk/ Why we fight” Moment of inspiration at the race start
7:30 am – 5k start for both runners (up front) and walkers – at University and Crescent
(between Roger Dean and amphitheater)
7:45 am – 1 mile (untimed) start – same start line as 5k
8:00 am – Celebration of Life booths open!
8:30 am – Kids Fun Zone opens in breezeway at Roger Dean Stadium and is open until 11 am
9:00 am – 5k and 1 miles Courses close
Celebration of Life and Kidz’ Fun Zone is open until 11 am